We are in the full heat of summer on 30A and we’re looking for any reason to keep it cool! Who’s with us? Sometimes the best way to beat the heat is to bring the party in and entertain at home. So we’ve composed a list of our 5 favorite ‘entertaining on 30A’ Happy Hour Essentials!
1. Wine and Mixers from Modica Market It’s never a party without spirits right? So first we recommend stopping into Modica Market located on the Seaside Square for your wine, mixers, and garnishes. If you happen to have a sweet tooth while you’re there, be sure to grab a slice of their orange dreamsicle cake, it’s to die for!
2. Cheese from The Wine Bar Paired with your wine and summer refreshments, it would be courtesy to offer your guests a bite to eat to hold them over until dinner. Besides, you can’t go wrong with cheese! So we recommend sourcing your cheese and crackers from The Wine Bar located in Watercolor, Florida. They have a quaint pop-in specialty food shop with over 20 artisan cheeses to choose from. While you’re at it, possibly stay a while and take advantage of their happy hour which is from 11am-6pm—one carafe of wine for the price of a glass!
3. Shrimp from 30A Ice house Don’t forget to complete your spread with a little seafood! After all, you’re at the beach, so shrimp cocktails are a must. Head over to the 30A Ice house for all of your seafood needs. If it’s not steamed shrimp, indulge in some of their homemade pimento cheese or smoked tuna dip.
4. Grazing Board from Shop Outpost When you’ve gathered all of your grab- and – go appetizers (which we do suggest while you’re on vacation,) you will need a pretty board to display all of your delicious eats on. Our favorite home décor boutique is Shop Outpost, located in the 30Avenue—go in once and you’ll see why! They have a unique selection of cheese boards, cocktail glasses, plates and other entertainment pieces for you to choose from.
5. Florals from Seaside Farmers Market Finally, you will want to complete your look with some fresh florals. We like to source our flowers from the Seaside Farmer’s Market which is open on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 9am-1pm. Another option is to step outside and clip some palmetto palms or fresh rosemary from our native plants—they’re everywhere and make great center pieces!
With these 5 local entertainment essentials, you will have yourself a cool and refreshing beach happy hour in no time—you can take our word for it!